DIY Solar Panels. Can I install them myself?
Yes, but it’s generally recommended you hire a professional for main 3 reasons:
1. Installing solar panels requires specialized knowledge.
The work has to be carried out correctly to ensure the safety of the system and to maximize its performance. Solar panels generate electricity, and if they are not installed properly, there is a risk of electrical shocks or fires.
The new electrical circuit supplying the inverter from the AC side will need to be certificated by an Electrician registered under one of the competent person schemes like NICEIC or NAPIT.
2. Installing solar panels can be a complex and time-consuming process.
It may be more cost-effective to hire a professional who has the necessary equipment and experience to do the work efficiently and will also know of eligibility financial incentive schemes.
3. In the UK, there are strict building and safety regulations related to installing solar panels.
Professional installers will be familiar with these regulations and will see work is carried out so you comply with the law.
Overall, getting a professional to install your solar panels can provide peace of mind.
We recommend a MCS certified installer.
MCS certification is a UK recognised quality and safety scheme for small-scale renewable energy technologies.
Here are the benefits of MCS accredited solar panels and installers:
- Mark of product quality.
- Proof of competence.
- Consumer protection.
- Peace of mind as there is guarantee the installer and panels are of the highest standard.
- Eligibility for financial incentive schemes such as the Smart Export Guarantee and Renewable Heat Incentive.
Want to find out more about solar panel installations? Please do contact me on 020 8914 8297 or email email@example.com . We are never pushy! See our reviews:
We install solar panels and batteries in these south London (UK) areas:
Wallington, Purley, Carshalton, Coulsdon, Sutton, Croydon, Merton, Wimbledon, Streatham. Tooting, Mitcham, Reigate, Sevenoaks, Chipstead, Banstead, New Malden, Surbiton, Bromley, Beckenham.